Monday, June 4, 2012

bookshelf blitz.




1 :: 2 :: 3 :: 4 :: 5

I love a good project. I also appreciate some crafty shelving. Thanks to Pinterest, these concepts have the potential to come together to find a cozy home for all sorts of collections (like my Harry Potter series and that copy of Wuthering Heights that I haven't picked up yet). These are a few of my favorites. 

A few months ago, I set out to find inspiration for my own bookshelf DIY. After a year of staring at an acetone-stained hand-me-down desk supporting my television, I finally found the perfect project on The Brick House to take on for my bedroom. It was a beautiful mix of industrial and rustic, but most importantly, it required very few real power tools... YES! The Brick House has an amazing step-by-step, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. Now I'm off to find some more respectable books to shelve... 


Special thanks to my father who provided the equipment, transportation, mathematical skills and manpower to make this possible.

1 comment: