Wednesday, June 6, 2012

before and after.


It is Wednesday, which I have decided to dub "Before and After" day. For my first post, I'd like to focus on my attempt to bring some of the outdoors in. I'll preface this project by admitting that I possess no trace of a green thumb. Whatever poor plant that has been bestowed upon me has met an untimely demise, without fail. But I saw Anthropologie's cactus displays, and I felt too inspired to let my brown thumb get in the way of succulent glory. Surely I could be more nurturing than a desert. The hardest part of this project was finding the planter. I decided on an antique Singer sewing drawer and an old Maxwell coffee tin from my local antique store. One trip to the garden section of Lowe's, a bag of cactus soil and some pebbles later, and my retro greenery displays were finished. The upkeep thus far has been more than tolerable. I just water these guys with an ice cube once a week, and they seem to be happy. And with that, my reputation for gardening is no longer soiled. (Yucka yucka...)

No comments:

Post a Comment